I quickly started googling things like, "Paleo Pancakes." Which typically come up with some random ingredients I never knew existed:
- Macadamia Nut Oil (SERIOUSLY?! What is this... like $30 for 4oz? Nope, no thanks.)
- Tapioca Flour (actually, I know you can get this from Winco)
- Ground Pumpkin Seeds (I want to know who had enough time on their hands to think to do this)
- A splash of water from the fountain of youth (might as well)
So I found some easy pancakes that are only made with 2 eggs and 1 banana!! No joke - I was skepticle but they're actually pretty decent! They need something else and I haven't refined it yet, but I at least got my pancake-fix in.
So with that out of the way, here are some things I've been eating:
- Paleo Pancakes
- Paleo Chili
- Almond Milk Protein Shakes
- Almond Butter mixed with Honey (MY NEW FAVORITE SNACK!)
- Salad Salad Salad
- Turkey Jerky
- Sweet Potatoes
- Mom's Brisket with Green Beans
- Paleo meatballs
- Carne Asada
Also - I'm not 100% crazy Paleo. Here are the things boyfriend and I don't abide by:
- Grass Fed Beef - I can't justify spending 2x what I usually spend on meat just because it ate grass and was massaged in a cow-spa.
- Corn - Tortillas, Chips, Corn, I'm keeping it - I eat eggs with a corn tortilla. I refuse to give these up.
- Beans - but really only Black Beans, because bf is a black bean fanatic. Although when I made my chili I also threw in Kidney Beans. Shhhh
- Quinoa - GASP! It's a grain - I KNOW. But boyfriend and I love quinoa and have decided to keep this superfood in our diet
Overall, our deciding factor is "If it's gluten free, it's negotiable." Beans, Corn, Quinoa, etc - it's all gluten free. So we are doing more of a "modified" Paleo plan. It works for us and it keep me from whining.
Also, because no blog post is complete without a picture - here's a shot of Ibo trying to give kisses to Polly after we got her home on Tuesday!
And here's a picture of how I found Polly the next morning:
The little stinker. It took me a good 5-10 minutes to get it off of her, and she puked twice during the entire process. Poor baby.