Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I have no mojo

Dear men - turn away now and don't read this post.  It's girly.  And y'all won't like it.
Dear Ladies - Y'all might not like it either, but I know there are some of you out there who can relate so read on if you like!
Dear Dayna - Don't you like that I'm saying "Y'all" like my most favorite little country bumpkin?

I'd like to preface this with a declaration of my love to all of my friends: 
I love you
But right now, I don't have to like some of you.



Let me tell you the story of my sister
She has mojo. 
Tons of it. 
I'm not sure what secret sauce she adds to her relationships, but my sister has game.  Men fall madly in love with her.  My sister has been engaged on more than 1 ocassion.  She's that girl that a boy immediately thinks, "I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her!" 
and BOOP
There's a ring

I think she has been engaged 3-4 times?  Don't quote me on that.


SO these past two weeks I've known 5 people who have gotten engaged.  And not one, but TWO of those five people have gotten RE-engaged.  HOLY MOJO!  Hats off to you ladies - you've managed to reel in multiple men to request your hand in marriage.

And then there's me.  Secretly, yet seriously, contemplating sending them a message and asking for the recipe to their secret sauce. 

Don't get me wrong.  I love boyfriend and he's AMAZING.  And especially lately I could go on for days about the presents I've been getting.  Workout pants, AT Bindings, TAYLOR SWIFT CONCERT TICKETS. 
Tells me I'm beautiful.
Thanks me for everything.
Holds my hand when it's slippery and picks up heavy things so I "don't break a nail."
A real catch I tell ya. 
But if I had this secret sauce, I probably also would have had a ring 3.5 years ago.

I'm completely happy with where my life is right now.  I'm not complaining one bit.  I'm just saying I wish I had more mojo like some of my friends out there. 
You know, the kind whose new boyfriend falls madly in love with her, tells his entire family about her, tells his jeweler about her, and 6 months later throws a ring on her finger. 

These are the same girls who get secret admirers who send them chocolates and flowers
All I had was a secret stalker who sent me pencils and Hello Kitty notepads
Creep

It's A-Game vs. B-Game
Chocolates and Flowers vs. Pencils and Hello Kitty notepads
Ariel vs. Ursula
Annie's Mac and Cheese vs. Store Brand Mac and Cheese
Mojo vs. No Mojo
 
I call it, "No Mojo-itis." 
It's not contagious
Not that I know of

7 comments

  1. This hilarious! I know those exact same girls seems like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am mojo-less as well!!
    HOW do these girls do it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was cute! you must have some type of mojo -seems like you have a pretty great bf. tswift tickets - hello. amazing! your time will come soon, when you least expect it! :-)

    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmfao thanks for this post hun! I'm super happy with Kevin too. He is seriously wonderful. But sometimes I get the impression that this is the way it's going to stay. Forever. & to be completely honest.... I DON"T WANT THAT! Once you find that secret sauce of marriage and eternal happiness, let me know. I'll be next in line <33

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha i love you, you know my feelings on this matter... when you get that recipe, make sure you send it my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know what kind of girls you are talking about, they drove me crazy! Love your blog! :)
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like this post is speaking to me! I feel like we're riding in a two seated row boat. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years and I don't see a ring coming and we've never talked about the M word but we say stuff about the future so it's confusing. I know it's what he wants but how long does a sister have to wait for the ring. I'm sick of being the girl that pins a million wedding ideas on Pinterest without a ring on her finger.

    I felt like I used to be able to make guys fall in love with me so easily. What happened to me? So, if you happen to talk to Austin Powers please let him know that my Mojo is also missing.

    We'll get through this together, one day with a ringless finger at a time ;)

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!