1. Balloons freak me out - I'm terrified they'll pop and shards of balloon will fly in my eye and make me blind.
2. I was once sick for two years straight - practically. In college I had no immune system. I was convinced something greater was wrong with me. Like lupus. Or something. Turns out I was just stressed constantly and had the diet of a frat boy (dino nuggets, fast food, potstickers, etc). I never gained weight so I used that as an excuse to eat whatever, and while it wasn't affecting my weight it sure-as-heck affected my health.
3. My going-out name is Olivia - yup, I'm that girl who gives a fake name to the creepers trolling for a little lovin. If you're not a creeper, you get my real name. But when I get the "I've got a van out back and I'm ready to throw you in it" vibe, you get the "Hi I'm Olivia and I was just leaving" line.
Story behind this: I got this from my best friend Lina. We were out minding our own business, dancing with each other when we are approached (keep in mind, we're in a frat house). After these gentlemen wouldn't leave and insisted on getting our names/information Lina says without missing a beat, "My name is Samantha but my friends call me Sam." Straight face. Dead serious. So I later chose Olivia, and our names stuck. Every now and then she comes up with a new name, but it's our understanding that we go out as Olivia and Sam. Not Ashley and Lina.
4. Same ring, different grandma - When my Grammy passed away my Aunt let me pick out any jewelry of hers that I wanted. I chose her ring from Greece. I decided I've always wanted to visit Greece after my Grammy visited and told me stories and shared pictures. I still want to go. And if you ask me why I want to visit my answer will be, "I just do." But the real answer is, "Because my Grammy went and fell in love with it."
|It's hard to tell in the picture|
Enter: Greek ring.
Now this one has a different meaning because my Granny was also a Theta, so we share that "Greek" bond with each other.
The significance? These rings have the same pattern. And I love them both.
5. I love fishing. Lovelovelovelove! I'm girly so most people think I would complain about fishing, but I'll be the first to throw my hands over the fish and pull the hook out. Gutting it is a different story, but I can do that if I have to. Once my cousin and I went fishing with my dad, brother, and brother's friends. I'll give you one guess at who caught all of the fish: the little girls. While the boys were busy being roudy and obnoxious, Sam and I quietly sat in our chairs. Chatting the entire time. And every so often reeling in a new bite. One after the other after the other. BOOM. Girls rule boys drool.
6. I have kidney stones and pass them roughly every 6 months. Which means I'm due in March for an ER visit.