Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year

I'm laying in bed after recovering from an entire day of stomach flu or food poisoning.  Judging from the fever, I believe it was the flu.  This was a lovely way to spend the first day of the new year!!  Luckily, my mom came over to watch me hug a toilet (TMI?) and help around my house.  

I know most people right now are making blog posts on their new year "resolutions," so this post may be a little cliche, but sometimes cliche is fun.

For beginners, I don't typically make "resolutions."  They're difficult to keep, and most people never follow through.  "Run every single day" is not realistic.  "Lose 15 pounds" can happen quickly - then what? 

So I decided to post things that I am looking forward to in this upcoming year.

  1. Moving to Portland - in less than 1 month, I will be packing my belongings (again), renting a moving truck, and driving to Portland.  We have an adorable apartment that the boyfriend is currently living in, in a great part of town.  Now the only question is where on earth are we going to put all of his climbing stuff!?
  2. New Job - I have only been at my current job for a little over a year, however I feel like I have been there forever!  When I left my last job, I was just an intern.  It is expected for interns to leave.  They're not highly valued as an actual employee.  At my new job, I put in my notice with my boss as soon as I estimated a moving date.  Since I have put my notice in, I have had so many people approach me about how they enjoy working with me, congratulating me on my new move, and so much more.  I feel like an asset.  I have only just begun applying for new jobs in Portland, however I am excited to see what it's like to work in a big city with so many different opportunities.
  3. Baby - ok ok ok - not MY baby, but one of my best friends in the entire world has a bun in the oven.  I CAN'T WAIT to meet him! 
  4. Working Out - this past semester was absolutely brutal to me.  I worked full time and took four graduate level courses, so my personal health and fitness was put on the back burner.  My dinners consisted of chips or cheesits, and my lunches consisted of Rockstar energy drinks.  With that being said, I am excited to begin working out again and eating real meals!
  5. Bloggy - I believe my bloggy needs a new look.  The whole half-naked-mermaid thing is cute, but I'm not in a sorority anymore and that picture doesn't fly.  Now that I'm school-less, maybe I'll have a little extra time to dedicate to my bloggy!

That's it for now!  I have a few more, but they're not too terribly exciting so I thought this was good enough :-)

Happy New Year friends and family!

2 comments

  1. I believe I have made a very realistic resolution: flossing every day. So far I haven't missed, even though it's only been 5 days. I think it's pretty clever, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo I love your half naked-ness ;)

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!