Friday, October 22, 2010

Apple Oatmeal Whole Wheat Muffins

I have been on the hunt for a perfect apple muffin!  I'm not sure why.  But I have finally found the perfect apple muffin!

Anyhow, here is the muffin I found.  It has NO butter, NO oil, Whole Wheat Flour, and very little sugar!  

Ingredients
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon (or more, if you like) **I used 1 tbs, and it was tooooo much... I'll cut down to 1/2 tbs next time**
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 banana, mashed
1/3 cup applesauce (no sugar added!)
3/4 cup soy milk (plain or vanilla work well)  **I used normal 0% Milk**
1 apple (make sure it's baking safe)  **I used 1 1/2 apples... b/c I like apples :-) **
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped into chunks
Directions
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Dice your apple ahead of time.  Peel it first.
  3. Thoroughly mix dry ingredients (oats through sugar) in a large bowl.
  4. Mix the mashed banana, applesauce, and soymilk (I do the banana and applesauce first, then kind of whip in the soymilk).
  5. Mix the wet into the dry and toss in the nuts and apple
  6. The batter should be rising, very fluffy and wet. Scoop it into paper linings in a muffin tray or a greased tin. **The recipe says the batter should rise... but mine didn't.  Just FYI**
  7. Bake for about 15 minutes, but try to take out as soon as they look done (over cooking makes them a little bit harder, but still just as tasty).  **I baked mine for 13 minutes, and that was enough time!**

No comments

Post a Comment

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!