Tuesday, May 25, 2010

10 Things

I was listening to the radio today and it was talking about this girl who was 23 years old and recently laid off from her job.  This caused her to downsize from her apartment to a trailer, and from this event she wrote an article describing the 10 things she couldn’t live without (some of which were booze, TV, school, etc).  This got me to thinking about the 10 things I can’t live without, so I’ve been pondering all day trying to make a list.  This is what I have come up with (in no particular order):


#1 Ice
I like my stuff cold.  When I went to Europe in the 7th grade I learned really quickly how much I take advantage of having ice readily available.  I love ice.  I want my milk as cold as possible.  My water to stay chilly.  Etc. etc.  I’d hate life without ice.  

#2  Lotion
I have only ever met 1 person who likes lotion more than me, and that’s my best friend Carolina.  We share the SAME obsession about avoiding dry skin, especially our feet.  The worst feeling ever is having dusty feet (for example, at the beach).  I think this is when Lina and I fell in love – when we realized each other’s love for lotion.  Oh also when we both pulled out baby wipes (at the beach) to wipe off our feet, followed by lotion.  Can you say “Match Made in Heaven” ???!

#3  Friends
I thrive off of my friendships.  I need girlfriends to talk to.  To chat with.  To whine to.  To giggle with.  I have some amazing friends, and I’d be a horribly lonely and depressed person without them.  I love having friends, and I love making friends.  Between my best friends, my boyfriend, and my family, I’d like to think I’m well off  :-)

#4  Garlic 
Enough Said

#5  Cookies
Chocolate Chip, White Chocolate Macadamia Nut, and everything in between.  This also encompasses pazookies and other “Sweets.”

#6  My Education 
It has made me who I am, and it has provided me with the experiences I have.  Without my education, I don’t know who I would be or where I would go in life.

#7  My Camera/Pictures
I feel like I easily forget experiences (such as vacations) so I try my hardest to take pictures as often as I can.  There’s nothing better than pulling out an old photo and remembering all of the memories from that single picture.  I hope 20 years from now I can look at my pictures from 2010 and say, “I lived an awesome life when I was 23, and here are the pictures to prove it.”  When I look at an old photo I’m instantly overwhelmed with an abundance of memories that I probably would never have remembered.  You can’t put a price on memories.

#8  My computer/iPhone
I’m a total technology junkie.  I wouldn’t know how to survive in that mean world without my ability to cnn.com, google.com, allrecipies.com, GPS maps, text message, etc.  

#9   Pasta/Garlic Bread 
Seriously, my favorite food.  

#10  A Car 
I understand I totally take advantage of my vehicle.  So many people don’t even have a car, and I couldn’t imagine life without it.  Midnight jaunts to walmart, driving across town to see my parents, driving to work, meeting friends for lunch, and so much more.  Although my lovely car is far from perfect (thank you check engine light), it serves its purpose and gets me from A to B.  


Otay your turn!  (Jenn I know you read this, so you should make a "10 things" list too... ok go!) :-)  Aaron you read it too... I'd be curious to see what yours is like (#1 Ice Axe, #2 warm sleeping bag, #3 Cliff Bars...).

1 comment

  1. I love your list. The ice thing over here is totally true! I am thinking I might do a 10 things I miss about America list....

    I'm so with you on the cookies. They don't have chocolate chip here. I'm dying!!

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!