I have a confession.
I cleaned my oven.
.... and it made me giddy.
I remember back when I had my apartment with Courtney, I was in charge of cleaning the oven when we moved out.
And boy was that a mess.
Have you ever tried using that chemical oven cleaner? I coughed for about a week straight, swore I developed asthma, and couldn't walk into the kitchen without my chest feeling heavy.
Screw nuclear weapons, oven cleaner will do the trick!
Well as you may know from this post, boyfriend and I will soon be moving in our new home! I'm trying to prepare by cleaning and packing the little things.
Today I started with the oven.
I didn't want to develop asthma for a second time in my life, and I value my lungs, so I sought the advice of Pinterest.
A girls best friend.
I read a few places to mix baking soda and water and let the oven stains soak for a little bit.
I like vinegar better than water.
So here's what I did:
- Scraped the easy stuff to remove crumbs/chunks (yum)
- Combined Baking Soda and water to form a liquidy paste
- Poured the paste on the perma-stains
- Went to watch Dredd at the theater (very crucial step in the process)
- Came home, scraped off my baking soda solution and VOILAAAAAAA!
It was a miracle.
Everything scraped up so easily.
And in love.