Sunday, January 08, 2017

Updates!

I recently deactivated my Facebook and I'm feeling extremely naked without it, so back to my bloggy I go as a means of putting way too much information online about myself!

I haven't blogged since my trip to Spain - life gets in the way sometimes and moves far too quickly.  Before you know it, it has been months between posts!  However I thoroughly enjoy looking back on memories - whether good or not so good - so I felt it was time to post a little update.

Life since Spain...

October
In October I went to Oktoberfest in Leavenworth with some friends.  If you live in the PNW and haven't been to Leavenworth you NEED to make this a top priority.  It's a tiny Bavarian town surrounded by mountains.  You can spend your day hiking then re-fuel down in the town with sausages and beer.  Heaven?  Why yes - yes it is. 

Another reason I love Leavenworth is its close proximity to COLCHUCK LAKE!  My most favorite hike of all times.  I've done this hike every year for the past three years and it never gets old the moment you spot the lake.  Everything about Colchuck Lake is beautiful - the water, the surrounding mountains, everything.




November
In November I flew to California for Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family.  After I returned home I felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation - I was pooped!  We were busy every day, but it reminded me of how fortunate I am to have such an amazing family who goes out of their way to accommodate me.  




December
In December I flew to Reno for Christmas with my mom's side of the family.  It is always so good and relaxing being home.  So little has changed since I moved out yeaaarrrss ago so it still makes it feel like just yesterday I was in middle school sitting in my room on my Clueless phone chatting with friends.  Did anyone else have a Clueless phone?  It was dreamy in my adolescent eyes.

It was a family-filled weekend.  I saw my 97-year old grandma twice, got a pre-natal massage from my sister-in-law, met my brand new 7-day old baby newphew, and indulged in some homecooked meals (THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO COOK!).  Again - so relaxing.


My brother, his baby Luna, and his main squeeze Sabrina




I feel like the holidays flew by entirely too quickly, but looking back I spent some quality time with some wonderful people.  I think my dad is the only person who still reads this bloggy - but for anyone else out there I hope you have a happy new year!

1 comment

  1. GREAT update! I hope things are continuing to go well.
    HUGS!
    (Feel free to email me to chat: jenmcgee34@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!