Sunday, February 19, 2012

Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup

With my recent hospital visit, my current diet is vanilla.  No seeds/nuts/skins.  Also, nothing heavy since my stomach might not be able to handle the grease.

So Aaron and I decided to make some home made chicken noodle soup!

I found the recipe from AllRecipes called Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, so we tried it out.

Here was our version:


Chicken Noodle Soup

3 boxes of broth (2 chicken, 1 vegetable)
1 package of chopped chicken tenders (roughly 8 tenders) - uncooked
1/2 chopped onion
1 "bunch" of carrots (about 2 cups)
1 cup of celery (celery isn't Aaron's favorite, so we cut back)
1/2 teaspoon dried basil (next time I will increase to 1 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (next time I will increase to 1 teaspoon)
2 cups of cooked whole grain pasta shells
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion, celery, and carrots in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in raw chopped chicken, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.  Cook pasta on the side.  Add cooked pasta to a bowl, and pour soup over pasta (I like this because I don't like mushy noodles). 

No comments

Post a Comment

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!