This weekend's hike was Rock of Ages. After looking at pictures we thought it looked like fun.
Hard: Hell yea
This was a difficult hike. You gain 3,000 feet in under 3 miles. That's slightly over 1,000 ft/mile. If you don't know what that means, it means steep.
Super duper steep.
Unfortunately we didn't get too terribly many photos of the super steep parts. We were too busy holding onto tree roots and clinging to the mountain for dear life. Here's the information from OregonHikers.org.
- Start point: Horsetail Falls Trailhead
- End Point: Horsetail Falls Trailhead
- Hike Type: Loop
- Distance: 10.0 miles
- Elevation gain: 3000 feet
- Difficulty: Difficult (steepness, length and creek crossing)
- Seasons: Apr-Oct
- Family Friendly: No
- Backpackable: Yes
- Crowded: Only at trailhead
And for the best part - pictures!