Aaron and I started brainstorming. Here was our conversation:
Me: What should we cook!!?
Aaron: I think I want eggs.
Me: Like... just eggs.
Aaron: Yeah! Sounds good. (keep in mind, Aaron only eats egg whites - I think egg whites smell like fart)
Me: Fine - I'm making pancakes
So much for making breakfast together! Since I was making pancakes, I decided they would have to be EPIC pancakes. Pancakes that would make Aaron's egg whites look piddly.
I love using AllRecipes.com, so I researched and found a recipe for Brown Sugar Oatmeal Pancakes. Below is the recipe for my EPIC pancakes:
- 10 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (**Note: I didn't use the salt)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (**Note: I use the splenda brown sugar... mmm)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (**Note: Next time, I'm going to substitute the oil with applesauce)
- 1 cup buttermilk (**Note: Used fat free milk)
- Decided to add a pinch of cinnamon
- Decided to add a teaspoon of vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, flours, baking soda, salt and sugar. In another small bowl, beat the egg, oil and buttermilk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupful onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown.
They were SOOOO YUMMY! Aaron ended up eating half, and the leftovers that were in the fridge mysteriously disappeared. Just sayin...