Thursday, November 04, 2010

Are you my daddy?

So I sometimes wonder who I take after??

You know how a mom or dad will always say, "She gets that from me!"  Aaron's mom always says this about him.

Well I get the opposite. 

"Don't know who she got that from!  Definitely wasn't me..."
(mostly my dad's response when people talk about my good grades hahahaha).

Ok but really, I don't think I'm like anyone.  I can kind of be like my mom sometimes because I say things like "Ooooo!" and "Car fart!!"  But really?  That's it?  I don't have my mom's creative imagination (Harry Potter, Twilight, BUrning Man, etc), love for running, and all around positive attitude (I'm sorry, most times the glass is half empty).  I actually dislike running (I swear I was born without endorphins) and I'm terrified of Burning Man.

I don't have my dad's hands-on-always-has-to-be-busy-and-project-oriented, neatness, Type A personality, ability to go to a City alone for 4 months and make friends with all of the locals.  Actually, I'm shy and would sometimes rather sit on the couch and watch TV than start ANOTHER project.

I'm like no one.  I am the redheaded step-child.

My Grammy was the only one who ever said, "She gets that from me!"  For example....
Someone:  "Ashley, what beautiful red hair!"
Grammy (with not-so-red-hair):  "She get's that from me!"

She would say it in response to anything positive.  Good grades, pretty little girl, etc etc.  Pretty funny. 

But really.  Don't you sometimes like to see who you're like?  My brother is equally my mom and my dad.  He loves burning man, harry potter, Type A personality, always makes friends every where, enjoys running, dark hair like mom, nose like dad.

Yup.  I'm a redheaded step-child.


No comments

Post a Comment

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!