Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Squeaky Clean Oven!

I have a confession.
I cleaned my oven.
.... and it made me giddy.

I remember back when I had my apartment with Courtney, I was in charge of cleaning the oven when we moved out.

And boy was that a mess.

Have you ever tried using that chemical oven cleaner?  I coughed for about a week straight, swore I developed asthma, and couldn't walk into the kitchen without my chest feeling heavy.

Screw nuclear weapons, oven cleaner will do the trick!

Well as you may know from this post, boyfriend and I will soon be moving in our new home!  I'm trying to prepare by cleaning and packing the little things.

Today I started with the oven.

I didn't want to develop asthma for a second time in my life, and I value my lungs, so I sought the advice of Pinterest. 

Baking soda. 
A girls best friend.

I read a few places to mix baking soda and water and let the oven stains soak for a little bit.

I like vinegar better than water. 
So here's what I did:
  • Scraped the easy stuff to remove crumbs/chunks (yum)
  • Combined Baking Soda and water to form a liquidy paste
  • Poured the paste on the perma-stains
  • Went to watch Dredd at the theater (very crucial step in the process)
  • Came home, scraped off my baking soda solution and VOILAAAAAAA!
STAINS BEGONE! 
It was a miracle. 
Everything scraped up so easily. 
I'm amazed. 
And in love.

7 comments

  1. wow that is one clean oven, you go girl! i must try this... dont you just love pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to have to keep this in mind. Beautiful oven :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was this motivated! I really need to clean my oven.

    Fried Pink Tomato Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. ew yes! Cleaning the oven is a difficult task!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius I'm so trying this

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is too funny! I used oven cleaner one time and... NEVER AGAIN! This was helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uѕіng a ѕрrау on commerсіаl sоlutiоn саn bе nasty ѕmelling іf yоu are not cаreful whеn uѕing thеm. Yоu ѕhould nоt breath thеm in thеу could damage уоur lungs. Whеn уоu uѕе а commеrcіal сleаner bе саrеful nоt tо gеt thе ѕрraу оn аnу lіnеs оr оvеrsprау іn аnу vents. Yоu ѕhоuld nоt sprаy thеm оn сhrоme, plaѕtiс оr оn the flоor.


    Oven Cleaners GoldCoast
    BBQ Cleaners Gold Coast

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!