Thursday, September 06, 2012

Berry Huntin!

One thing I've been wanting to do since I've moved to Portland is go berry picking!!

You see, blackberry bushes grow wild here.  Apparently they're also a "weed" in the sense that they grow uncontrollably and are a pain to remove.  So last summer when I visited Aaron, we saw blakcberry bushes on the side of the road and I decided I wanted NOTHING MORE than to pick berries!

Aaron and I went to Thousand Acres Dog Park with the pups to take them for a little walk and let them play in the river.  During our walk, we found berries!

... and ate them.  I don't care if they're dirty.  I want blackberries, darnit.

On our way home, Aaron noticed a sign that said "U-Pick - OPEN"

STOP THE CAR!!!!!!!!!

...we're berry huntin' :-)

So we picked berries!  We filled an entire coffee can with the best tasting blueberries EVER!


I feel satisfied :-)

10 comments

  1. mmm i love fresh blueberries!! sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super yummy! I can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so colorful and delicious! Get those berries girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool, I've always wanted to go berry picking too...maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! We have berry picking here in Texas, but the seasons are so quick! I wanted to go so bad this year and missed it! Now I want blueberry pancakes, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE berry picking. Such an important NW staple. I am glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make muffins, make muffins. I love blueberry muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Yum....fresh blueberries in a nice glass of wine lucky....Lesa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love! My best friend has bushes and she always shares!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah they sure are yummy! I've been making a blueberry baked oatmeal recipe - I'll have to post it soon! Thanks for all of the lovely comments :-)

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!