Saturday, June 05, 2010

Oblivious?

I saw a quote just now:

"I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen."

... and it SPOKE to me.  Or yelled at me.  But I actually think this all of the time.  And I also look at the photos I've taken with my friends when we're out and about and I see all of the people (making goofy faces) in the background and I wonder, "how many pictures am I in the background of?  Do I look like a total goober?"

I try to pay attention and notice the little things, but I really wonder sometimes how many people I've been around, looked at, been in class with, and never even NOTICED them for whatever reason.  I always wonder if people know who I am that I don't know.  It's always so weird when someone comes up to you outside of class and says, "How about that test?!" and you think, "Either this person is border-line-crazy OR they're in my class."  It's usually the latter. 

I just wonder sometimes how oblivious I really am...  I would like to be notice so maybe I should start noticing others.  That's how it works, right?  Do unto others as they do to you, right?  I'll notice you if you notice me. Got it?  Good.

2 comments

  1. i think about this kind of stuff ALL the time. I love movies/books where they weave in seemingly unrelated things and things we don't notice. Its mind boogling to think about how interconnected we are and how someone you never notice before can one day play such an impact in your life in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy! I wish I knew. There should be a website where you can go and post random things about random people you've known/seen, then you can go search by your name and see what people say about you! ... or maybe that will just turn into a "Juicy Campus" so maybe that's not a good idea lol.

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!