Monday, February 15, 2016

4 Healthy Recipe Favs

Surprisingly I enjoy cooking.  This is surprising to me because I don't consider myself very domestic. 
I loathe laundry
Cleaning can wait
My baked goods are burned goods
And I probably have more DIY fails than DIY wins

BUT!  I do enjoy cooking (aside from the whole "cleaning up afterward" part).  Part of it could be that I'm slightly picky (although I like to think of it as I just know what I like).  I personally believe that if you add enough garlic and/or cilantro and/or thyme and/or basil that anything can taste ah-mazing

My philosophy is if I can make it quicker/cheaper/better/healthier than I can buy it, then I'd prefer to cook it myself.

I've slowly been identifying several recipes that are quickly becoming my go-to's for healthy meals so I thought I'd share some of my favorites.


Tomato Soup

This is a Tomato-Basil style soup that uses almond milk instead of heavy cream.  I swap dried basil for fresh, and sprinkle some red chili pepper flakes while it's simmering and this is an AMAZING flavor packed soup. 


Protein Pancakes/Waffles

(I make these in a waffle maker instead of as pancakes)
For those who haven't joined the protein pancake bandwagon, these are an amazing way to start your day - and they're Gluten Free!  The Arbonne vanilla protein hands down has the best flavor and cooks perfectly in the Waffle Maker.  I add 1/4 cup berries to the top and eat as is (I'm not a maple-syrup kind of gal).


Quinoa Salad

You guys - you know you have a good recipe when picky children ask for seconds.  This is a STAPLE item - especially when fresh corn is in season.  You can use canned corn instead, but it's just not the same.  I can eat this as an entire meal, but the hubs usually adds chicken to his.


Pork Chops

I've used this marindade on pork chops AND chicken and it's my new favorite.  It's so easy to throw together, but I'll admit that it's my favorite when I've had a chance to let the pork chops or chicken marinate overnight. 

If I have fresh thyme on hand I'll throw this in the mix too.

4 comments

  1. Those look delicious! I will be trying a couple of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're my go-to's! Which also means they're fairly easy :-)

      Delete
  2. I love throwing corn into salads! Thanks for sharing your go-to's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to know different recipes that my family will surely love.

    ReplyDelete

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!