Monday, March 07, 2011

Birthday Weekend in Bend, OR!

So Aaron and I decided to go skiing in Oregon for my birthday weekend.  I really wanted to do something, and I haven't really gone anywhere since I started my new job back in September, so I was EXTREMELY excited to get out of town for the weekend!! 

We chose to go to Mt. Bachelor because we got a great deal on the tickets (2 for 1).  The day before we leave my dad decides to tell me,

"You should have told me sooner!  I can get free tickets to Mt. Bachelor.  Always check with Daddy first." 

BUMMER!!

Anyhow, I LOVELOVELOVED it!!  I've never been skiing outside of the Reno/Tahoe area, so it was really neat to go skiing in Oregon.  But it was COLD!  We took the summit lift a couple of times, and it was so cold I thought my skin was going to fall off.
Unfortunately, I sucked at taking pictures because it was so cold I could bring myself to take my gloves off. 
This are the pictures I was able to snap though!  Enjoy :-)

1st day was a bluebird day.  Beautiful!  Everyone was raving about how you could see the sky, etc. etc.  I thought, "Big deal."  But then the next day I realized why it was such a big deal.
Aaron taking a picture of the Sisters 


The second day was soooo GLOOMY!  You could barely see your hand in front of your face.  I fell from making a turn on the BUNNY HILL because I couldn't really tell which way was up.  It was the craziest feeling ever - I have ever experienced that kind of weather before.  It was INSANE!!  




THAT'S HOW COLD IT WAS!!!!  The lift was growing ice!
Driving.  Was.  HELL.
Sooo cold.

... I just realized I didn't take any pictures of the two of us...

No comments

Post a Comment

I lovelove comments! Thank you for taking the time to read my post and leave me a comment :-)

I respond to comments via email for those of you who have your email linked to your account.

If it's not linked, I'll respond on here. Thank you!